My name is Adele Woodmansee and I am a second year undergraduate at Harvard University studying biology. I grew up in Westfield, Vermont in a very isolated home and have always spent a lot of time outdoors. I am passionate about hiking, nordic skiing, running, and mountain biking. I am planning to take a year off between my sophomore and junior years of college to focus on work and research.
This summer, before I begin work and research, I plan to hike the Appalachian trail. I will start within a few days of finishing my exams for the spring semester, and will aim to finish at the end of September. This is a journey I have hoped to complete for years, and I am very excited to finally undertake the challenge. I will use the scholarship to help cover gear and food costs to successfully complete this hike.
Special note: Adele’s Scholarship was made possible by Elliot and Nancy Douglass, Colchester Vermont.
Keep up with Adele through her Facebook!
My Core Values
- Act with humility and openness around diverse experiences and backgrounds
- Balance intellectual, personal, and physical pursuits in my daily life
- Use challenges to build my worldview and outlook
- Always try to be fully present in my surroundings
- Maintain and expand my friendships with consideration and thoughtfulness
- Be appreciative and mindful of my privilege in experiences, friendships, and opportunities