University of Tulsa
Energized, nimble, approachable, and efficient; I am the adventurer you’d want on every hike, expedition, or mission you are on. My adventure was a laughable match of laser tag with my friends Jake and Adrian during seventh grade. Jake and I decided to team up and look for Adrian and in just seconds after joining up, we turn the corner to find Adrian in a room among six other Red Team players! I retreated backwards for cover and returned fire, managing to call Adrian into our squad during the firefight. After looking at each others’ scores at the end of the match, I ecstatically exclaimed, “Oh my-gosh guys – look!” I showed them my rank, “; Ninety-Nine!” Jake contorted his face for a second before responding. “That means you suck”, he said. With that, I responded, “Oh…” then I ended in, “…Aw man…” Regardless, I still felt like a million bucks. Being in a laser-lit battlefield with your friends sounds perilous and exciting, but the effort you put into being more efficient with self control, contentment, and application is the real adventure. I will use this scholarship to pay off the rest of my college tuition at the University of Tulsa in Oklahoma, where I will study Petroleum Engineering.
My Core Values
- Seek God first in my life.
- Wake up my mind all the time.
- Start and finish things the righteous way.
- Be ready to face my fears.
- Get myself out of the house for fresh air, every day.
- Keep in touch with those who support me.
- Take good care of my body.
- Work hard to keep my word.
- Be considerate of those who I can affect.
- Respect the privacy of others.
- Respect the law, even if I am uncomfortable.
- Always consider being a mediator, rather than a fighter.
- Never be confuse confidence for arrogance.
- Be thankful for every day, and live it like an adventure.
- Never be afraid to dream, or appreciate my imagination.