Mountain Bike Afghanistan and Homestretch Foundation
At 24 years old, Farid Noori has successfully split his life equally between Afghanistan, Pakistan, and the United States. He came to the US on a high school exchange program. After graduating from UWC-USA, an international boarding school in New Mexico, he enrolled at Middlebury College, where next to academics, he made mountain biking his main focus. He is an Olympic hopeful for his native Afghanistan, and leads the efforts to grow mountain biking in his home country via Mountain Bike Afghanistan, a nonprofit organization he started while a student at Middlebury. He currently lives and trains in Tucson, Arizona.
READ – Farid’s Recommendation
READ – Farid’s Essay
My Core Values
- Be the best son, uncle, and brother I can be
- Always put others before me
- Work hard
- Be mindful of others' needs
- Never lose my adventuresome spirit
- Be positive - all day long
- Have no fear of the unknown - keep exploring
- Don't be afraid to ask for help
- No matter how big the challenge, if you take it easy, you can resolve it.
- Ask: What's up friend?
- Be grateful and show it
- Play like I am twelve
- Look out for others
- Look out for myself
- Live easy; live simply