Univ. of New Hampshire - Durham
Hi! I’m Hailey DeMello and I’m a skier out of Franklin, Massachusetts. I’m a product of skiing in the Mount Washington Valley my entire life. My home mountain is Attitash Mountain Resort where for the last 5 years I have served as the Girls’ Freestyle Ski Team coach among other seasonal programs.
I’m a lover of all-mountain and freestyle skiing as well as alpine racing. I love sharing the sport of skiing with others, and encouraging young girls to be confident on and off snow is one of the biggest blessings of my life. I am currently a freshman at the University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH where I’m studying history and communications.
I also work as an intern with UNH’s athletic communications department where I collect stats, write athlete bio’s as well as help with social media. My goal one day is to work with the U.S ski team and cover the Winter Olympics for NBC.
My Core Values
- The Golden Rule- Treat others the way you want to be treated
- Give everything 110%
- Be confident in yourself, be confident in your ability
- Believe that you can achieve anything
- Be there for others, regardless if they’ve been there for you
- Respect Mother Nature
- Always say thank you
- Respect and Accept Unfinished Business
- Don’t lose your sense of curiosity
- Inspire others the way others have inspired you
- Respect other people’s beliefs
- Play hard, Get messy, Laugh Often
- Always go above the bare minimum
- Be proud of what you see in the mirror, always