Howdy! I’m Jacob Rodriguez from McAllen, TX. People would say I’m a bit of an adrenaline junkie but also a busy-bee. I take those as compliments!
I received my Spartan Race Trifecta in 2014 and placed 2nd in my age division in my local 2015 triathlon. For 4 years, I worked as an assistant for an animal hospital where I helped in surgeries with cats, dogs, and horses. I was also a kayak and SUP instructor for my city’s Parks and Rec department!
For the summer of 2017, I worked as a fishing instructor and a camp counselor for Camp Canadensis in Pennsylvania. Currently wilderness first aid and lifeguard certified, I’m always looking for new challenges to accomplish in order to one day become an Adventure Tour Guide! Balancing fun and work was too difficult, so I figured why not combine them! Stay happy, y’all!
Jacob Rodriguez’s Adventure Scholarship was funded through the generosity of the Stetson family.
Read Jacob Rodriguez ‘s application essay
Read Jacob Rodriguez ‘s letter of recommendation
My Core Values
- Believe in yourself
- Be excited to be scared of a new challenge
- Remember to say ‘Thank You’
- Support your friends’ ideas and events
- Appreciate what you have, but always believe you need less
- Remember to take a deep breath when you need it!
- You’re allowed to be angry every now and then, just don’t ever be mean because of it
- Drink plenty of water!