Jackson Hole Mtn Guides
I fell in love with climbing while attending Saint Michael’s College in Vermont. It wasn’t long after I started climbing that I realized how much I enjoy teaching and sharing climbing. One thing led to another and I found myself working as a guide for Petra Cliffs in Burlington, VT.
Soon after graduating from college, I made the trek out to Jackson Hole to climb in the Tetons. I now work for Jackson Hole Mountain Guides. Bigger mountains demand more respect, and I am preparing myself to work in these mountains by taking an AMGA Rock Guide Course. This is the first step to becoming a fully certified mountain guide, and a Flyin’ Ryan Scholarship could help me achieve this goal!
Special Note: Betsy’s Adventure Scholarship was made possible by Joe and Sara Swanson, to honor the memory of Peiter Swanson, who died in a skiing accident on March 31, 2014.
Read Betsy’s application essay
Read Betsy’s Letter of Recommendation
My Core Values
- Never stop being a kid at heart
- Work hard to play hard
- Only take what you need
- Always remember to give back
- Do the things you love because you want to do them, not because other people want you to do them
- Remember to take a rest day every now and then
- Keep your head up and acknowledge and appreciate your surroundings