My name is Eli Derrick. I heard about the Flyin Ryan Foundation and Ryan Hawks when I was 10. We were in Vermont on a family ski vacation and hearing about Ryan Hawks and his core values was really inspiring to me. As my ski career has progressed I worked to develop my own core values and to constantly apply them to my life. I fell in love with Skicross racing around the same time that I heard about Ryan. I started racing as an alpine competitor but I just didn’t love it the same way I loved skiing all over the mountain. From my first Ski Cross race I fell in love with the sport. When I turned 16 I decided to move to Maine during the winter to pursue competition on the FIS / NorAm circuit. Although I am from Virginia, But I immediately found a home in Maine.
READ – Eli’s Recommendation
READ – Eli’s Essay
My Core Values
- If I'm going to do something, I will do it all the way.
- Fully appreciate the opportunities that have been given to me.
- Being polite will always get you farther than arguing.
- Do what you love and love what you do.
- Always give 110%
- Everyone messes up, we're all human.
- There's always things to learn and improve on.
- Never let competing take joy out of skiing.
Error: No users set. Please visit the plugin's settings page to select a user account or add one to the shortcode - user="username".