De Pere, WI
Heyo! My name is Claire age 22 and I’m from Wisconsin. I have always been drawn to the outdoors and have grown up hunting, fishing, camping, and playing outside. I am about to graduate from the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point with a degree in Soil Science and Land Management with the intent to become a soil scientist. I have a passion for regenerative agriculture, soil health, and human connection to nature. Throughout college I have learned many new hobbies that I didn’t grow up doing. I learned how to rock climb, downhill ski, cross country ski, backpack, and fly fish. I have enjoyed taking hold of these opportunities and I feel enthusiastic about sharing my love for the outdoors with others. This scholarship would help me to achieve my goal of thru hiking the Appalachian trail in 2024.
My Core Values
- Be a friend to everyone you meet.
- Commit to your goals. Find ways to achieve them so you can pursue them in full force.
- Be kind to your body.
- There are a lot of ways life could go. Choose the one that is simple, beautiful, and adventurous.
- Respect the land and water and everything that exists in and on them.
- Encourage your friends and family. Be their biggest supporter.
- Love with everything you’ve got.
- Be weird.
- Take hold of every opportunity that comes your way.
- Spend your time wisely.
- Never stop learning.
- Work with nature not against it.
- Life changes and that’s okay.
Meet More Scholars
The Foundation has awarded more than 150 Adventure Scholarships to people who have a dream, believe in the Core Values Matter philosophy and were able to demonstrate financial need. Our Adventure Scholars are a distinctive group of students, athletes, and others. We believe you'll find someone here you can identify with, or perhaps you will help us make this outstanding team of individuals even more diverse and inclusive.See All Adventure Scholars